Discover our Valentine's day special offer !
The Hotel Saint-Nicolas is ideally located 600 m from the train station, and is easily accessible by car by a ring road to the east of the city. La Rochelle-Île de Ré Airport is 6 km away.
• Arriving from the South, from Bordeaux, Royan and Rochefort: Take the exit for “Centre-Ville, Vieux-Port, Gare SNCF” (City Centre, Old Port, Station). In front of the station, continue along Boulevard Joffre, pass under the bridge, and take the left at the traffic lights for Rue du Docteur Schweitzer in front of the hospital. After the hospital, turn left and head straight on along Rue Saint Claude. Take the first on the right, and go down Rue du Duc to get to Cours Ladauge. Continue until you reach Rue Sardinerie. The hotel is located on the right.
• Arriving from the North, from Nantes: Head in the direction of the hospital (“hôpital”) or train station (“gare SNCF”). After passing the accident and emergency unit on your right, turn right at the first traffic lights onto Rue du Docteur Schweitzer. After the hospital, turn left and head straight on along Rue Saint Claude. Take the first on the right, and go down Rue du Duc to get to Cours Ladauge, which will face you. Continue until you reach Rue Sardinerie. The hotel is located on the right.
• If you arrive by the station and Avenue du Général de Gaulle: Continue until you reach Place de La Motte Rouge then take Rue Saint-Nicolas and then Rue Sardinerie. At the entrance to Rue Saint-Nicolas, there is an access point, usually raised to favour this pedestrian area. Please call the hotel so that we can give you the opening code.
• From the station to the hotel: Take Avenue du Général de Gaulle in front of you until you reach Place de la Motte Rouge in front of the Vieux Port. Continue straight ahead to get to Rue Saint-Nicolas and follow it on the right towards Rue Sardinerie. The hotel is located 300 m away on the right.
• For more information: Consult the site www.sncf.com
PARIS - LA ROCHELLE HIGH-SPEED TGV TRAIN: 2 hours 50 mins
POITIERS - LA ROCHELLE HIGH-SPEED TGV TRAIN: 1 hour 30 minutes
• La Rochelle – Ile de Ré Airport: Direct flights to Lyon, London, Geneva, Dublin and Bristol.
• For more information: Visit the airport’s website www.larochelle.aeroport.fr
• Taxis, buses and shuttles are available from the airport to La Rochelle city centre.